Should you happen to find yourself on a similar trip, here are a few things to keep in mind :
- Buy a radar detector! Even though most interstates out West are 75 (no speed limit in Montana :)) they come in handy for those drastic changes on mountain roads..65-25 in Greybull, WY..Where Ada got her ticket.
- Take lots of music! Ada had brought about fifty or more tapes, and me with my meager collection, but we still managed to listen to all of them several times in the first few weeks. (Thanks, Mike, for replenishing our supply in Pheonix)
- Eat!!! Unless you're on an unlimited budget, you're bound to loose a little weight on the road. So feel free to fatten up before you go!
- Do Not attempt to quit smoking It's twice as hard...no, make that impossible...when you're driving all day and night.
- Observe scenery carefully As in not while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway or any other hilly winding road. They make pullouts for people like you and me!
- Take lots of pictures!Tons! Of everything! The people you meet, the places you go, (roadsigns are lots of fun), even the small woodland creatures you crush under your tires.
lastly..and possibly most important..
- Stay away from lonely men!! Unless of course you are one... This tip shold recieve particular attention in Florida.
Return to the Trip